Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heavy D - Rest In Peace


Heavy D was one of my favorite hip hop artists growing up.  He had a unique style and swagger that could not be duplicated.  He was one of the first big men to take pride in being bigger and stature and still emote this fly and fun persona in front of the camera.  Music wasn't the only talent he had.  I was surprised just this weekend, as me and my wife went to see the new Eddie Murphy film Tower Heist, to see Heavy D have a small part in a new film.  Then two days later the news breaks that he has died.  At the age of 44 the world has lost a huge talent.  Not huge because of his size or his star power, but by his heart.  I've never met Heavy D, but you can hear in his voice and see in his smile on camera that he had that rare magnetic touch that made you want to know and hear more about him.  This is not just a sad day for hip hop but a sad day for the entertainment industry.  Rest In Peace.  Check out some of my favorite Heavy D video's below.







2 comments:

Feel free to post your love/hate here: